Join Us for Eco Expo 2016 April 26 2016
Presented by the Missoula Independent, Home ReSource, Climate Smart Missoula and Sustainable UM, EcoExpo is a day-long event that brings together people and businesses from our regional community to impart knowledge, spark innovation and move the conversation forward about sustainable living.
The day includes a variety of panels and hands-on workshops covering topics such as home food production, water conservation, the zero-waste movement, eco-friendly business practices and more. In addition, there will be kids’ activities, movies, music, exhibitors and craft vendors.
Working in conjunction with the University of Montana’s Office of Sustainability, the goal is to present a zero-waste event.
Stop by our booth in the University Center Ballroom for great information on our Solar Loans and check out some awesome, green giveaways!
Thanks Again Missoulians April 12 2016
We at The Green Light would like to once again thank a handful of organizations we were able to work with recently. Thank you for thinking of us and keep up the good work!
-The Taste 2016
-Women's Law Caucus
-Montana Brain Injury Alliance
-Davidson College Global Grizzlies Auction
-Kyi-Yo Native American Student Association
-Missoula Urban Demonstration Project (MUD)
-Bike Walk Montana
-Sentinal Spartans Speech & Debate Team
-Missoula Community School
Another Big Thanks to Our Community! November 09 2015
What a fantastic Summer and Fall it's been! We wanted to take a moment to thank some special folks/organizations that do so much for the community. We appreciate all that you do, and that you allow us to be a part of it. Thank you :)
- Lolo School District #7
- Unicef Fundraising Banquet
- Women's Voices For The Earth
- Sustainable Business Council
- Free Cycles Community Bike Shop - Tweed Ride & Party With a Purpose
- Rise Now
- Montana's Actors' Theatre - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Home Resources
- James Beard Foundation's Celebrity Chef Dinner
- Poverello Center
- Historical Museum at Fort Missoula
- Montana Natural History Center - Connecting People with Nature
- Big Sky Saturday Night BBQ
- The Five Valley Ford Club
- American Cancer Society's Bark For Life 2015
- Montana State Reading Council
- Quest MT Marketing Analytics Forum at UM School of Business
Courtney Cathers in Punakaiki, New Zealand! September 29 2015
A big thanks to Courtney Cathers for her conservation work in New Zealand! Through the International Student Volunteers, Courtney traveled to New Zealand this past summer where she was part of Conservation Volunteers New Zealand (CVNZ). They were able to plant 920 seedlings, 608 flax plants, complete 420 meters of track work, and spend a solid hour of blackberry vine removal! Thanks for taking care of our planet Courtney!
A Big Thanks to Our Community! September 24 2015
It's been a great year in Missoula so far! We are seeing both a larger quantity, and wider range of Montana Made products than we can remember. However, more than just local product comes through our doors.
This year alone we have had the privilege of meeting an abundance of locals with both big dreams, and kind hearts. We want to thank those who have approached us about becoming a part of both their organizations, and their lives.
Thank you for allowing us to be part of:
- Festival Of The Dead 2015 at Zootown Arts Community Center
- The Poverello Center
- Courtney Cathers of International Student Volunteers (ISV) - Vegetation Restoration in New Zealand
- Connecting People With Nature of the Montana Natural History Center
- Montana State Literacy Conference of the Montana State Reading Council
- CASA of Missoula's Appreciation Event by CASA of Missoula
- Women's Voice For The Earth
- Love Fest 2015 at The University of Montana Campus
- 7th Annual Canine Classic by The Humane Society of Western Montana
- The BIG Event Annual Fundraiser of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Missoula
- Bark For Life of Missoula of American Cancer Society (BFL)
- "Puttin' On The Green" Charity Golf Tournament of Providence Health Center
- Spontaneous Construction Building Contest 2015 by Home Resource
- Downtown Texas Hold'Em Poker Tournament of Missoula Downtown Foundation
- Spirit of Excellence: A Celebration of Achievement by Soroptimist Missoula
- Missoula Tweed Ride by Free Cycles Community Bike Shop
- Zootown Fringe Festival 2015
- Brains & Brawn of Headwaters Dance Co.
- Last, to all those other individuals who allowed us to share their journey!
Giving Back in March March 10 2014
The month of March brings donation requests from several local schools. So far we are helping out the following establishments reach their goals!
Missoula International School
Rattlesnake Elementary School
Events to check out for March:
Friday, March 7th – Hellgate High School Band’s “Swing for a Knight” annual fundraiser. This year, the Hellgate Jazz band has been invited to the prestigious Swing Central Jazz Festival in Savannah, Georgia! Go Knights!
Saturday, March 8th - Missoula International School’s annual “Salsa Ball” fundraiser being held at the University Center Ballroom on campus. Enjoy dinner, Iguana Poker Lounge, live/silent auction, and “Salsa Blues” by Mudslinde Charley. For more info, please check out their website: www.mismt.org.
Giving Back To Missoula during 2013 March 04 2014
The Green Light is all about spreading the love and sharing well-being to all. The store donates to as many non-profit organizations, individuals and local groups as financially feasible.
In just the past year The Green Light has given product, gift-certificates, monetary donations, or sponsorships to over 30 local groups, individuals and events.
- Missoula Urban Demonstration,
- Zootown Arts Community Center
- The Clarkfork Coalition
- Missoula Community School
- The Learning Center at Red Willow
- Missoula Art Museum
- Montana Natural History Center
- CASA for Children
- Women’s Voices for the Earth
- The Girls Way
- Montana Wilderness Association
- Home Resource
- Childcare Resources
- The Flagship Program
- VSA Montana
- Boys and Girls Club
- Hospice Care Foundation
- Ninemile Wildlife Workgroup
- Missoula Downtown Association
- Teen Challenge Montana
- Humane Society of Western Montana
- Localfest / Missoula Sustainable Business Council
- Big Sky Documentary Film Festival
- Mountain Home Montana
- Women’s Resource Center
- Off The Rack
- Missoula Rollergirls
- Poverello Center
- And a variety of student groups from local high schools the University of Montana
February Events February 04 2014
Wow! There are always so many things going on almost any night of the week in Missoula.
This February, The Green Light will be sponsoring the Hip Hop category during Montana’s premier music event, the Zootown Music Awards. Started in 2013 and hosted annually by Montana Radio and the Missoula Independent, music groups and individual musicians from all over Montana will have a chance to compete in one of 13 different categories. This event has been the beginning for several of the finalists in their booking of shows in cool venues, obtaining national sponsorship and receiving cash prizes! The 13 finalists are announced at the “red carpet” event in Missoula’s historic “Wilma Theater”. We are super excited about this event! For more information, please check out their website at: http://zoomusicawards.com
Some other events to check out during the month of February 2014: